- Can Tho City Expects to Expand Cooperation with the U.S.
- Viet Nam offers US$200,000 in aid to help Cambodia fight COVID-19
- Secretary of the City Party Committee Received the French Mission to Vietnam
- Indonesian Consul General Bid a Farewell to Can Tho PC Leader
- PC Deputy Chairman Received Australian Deputy Ambassador to Vietnam
Viet Nam offers US$200,000 in aid to help Cambodia fight COVID-19
A ceremony was held on Thursday to mark aid wherein Deputy Foreign Minister Nguyen Quoc Dung symbolically handed over the funding to Cambodian Ambassador to Viet Nam Chay Navuth.
Speaking at the event, Dung stressed as neighboring countries, Viet Nam and Cambodia have sustained close friendship and the long-lasting tradition of mutual support and assistance during hard times.
The Government and people of Viet Nam expected the aid would help Cambodia to soon contain COVID-19 outbreak and accelerate economic recovery, said Dung.
He took the occasion to extend thanks for the Cambodian Royal Government's care for the Vietnamese community living and working in Cambodia.
Dung also spoke highly of the Cambodian Government's launch of COVID-19 vaccination program for diplomatic corps, including Vietnamese diplomats.
Ambassador Chay Navuth expressed sincere thanks to the Government and people of Viet Nam for the aid.
The Cambodian diplomat highly valued Viet Nam's success in realizing the dual goal of containing the COVID-19 pandemic and stimulating economic recovery.
In April last year, the Government of Viet Nam provided Cambodia with medical equipment, including protective suits, masks and test kits worth over VND7 billion./.