- Can Tho City Expects to Expand Cooperation with the U.S.
- Viet Nam offers US$200,000 in aid to help Cambodia fight COVID-19
- Secretary of the City Party Committee Received the French Mission to Vietnam
- Indonesian Consul General Bid a Farewell to Can Tho PC Leader
- PC Deputy Chairman Received Australian Deputy Ambassador to Vietnam
Deputy PM talks bilateral ties with EU High Representative
Deputy PM, FM Pham Binh Minh talks on the phone with EU High Representative for Foreign Relations and Security Policy, Catherine Ashton, May 29, 2014 - Photo: VGP
The two sides affirmed to do their best to conclude negotiations on a Free Trade Agreement before the 10th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM-10) Summit .
They also vowed to work closely to ensure the success of the ASEAN-EU Ministerial Meeting scheduled for July 23 in Brussels.
During their conversation, the two officials exchanged views on regional and international issues of common concern, including the current East Sea situation.
The EU High Representative expressed her special concern about China's recent acts, saying they may affect the regional security environment.
Ashton proposed that the parties concerned together seek a peaceful and cooperative solution in line with international law, especially the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), to continue ensuring security and freedom of navigation.
The EU calls on the parties to apply measures to ease tension and take no unilateral acts that negatively impact on peace and stability in the region, she said.-VNA