- Can Tho City Expects to Expand Cooperation with the U.S.
- Viet Nam offers US$200,000 in aid to help Cambodia fight COVID-19
- Secretary of the City Party Committee Received the French Mission to Vietnam
- Indonesian Consul General Bid a Farewell to Can Tho PC Leader
- PC Deputy Chairman Received Australian Deputy Ambassador to Vietnam
Viet Nam commits to long-term peacekeeping operations
Deputy PM, FM Pham Binh Minh welcomes Under-Secretary-General for Field Support Ameerah Haq, Ha Noi, May 26, 2014 - Photo: VGP
Deputy PM, FM Pham Binh Minh made the statement while receiving Under-Secretary-General for Field Support Ameerah Haq in Ha Noi on Monday.
He announced that two military liaison officers of Viet Nam will join the UN Mission in South Sudan since June this year.
Viet Nam is drafting a legal document to create a framework for the country's participation in the global peacekeeping efforts, the Deputy PM added.
Deputy PM Minh also expressed his pleasure at the fine developments of the multi-faceted cooperation between Viet Nam and the United Nations over the past years.
He affirmed that the Vietnamese Government always attaches importance to and highly values the UN's financial and technical assistance and experience-sharing.
Ameerah Haq spoke highly of Viet Nam's contributions to peace, security, cooperation and development as well as peacekeeping efforts on global scale.
She also welcomed the establishment of a peacekeeping training center in Viet Nam, affirming that the UN will continue its support for Viet Nam in this field./.