- Can Tho City Expects to Expand Cooperation with the U.S.
- Viet Nam offers US$200,000 in aid to help Cambodia fight COVID-19
- Secretary of the City Party Committee Received the French Mission to Vietnam
- Indonesian Consul General Bid a Farewell to Can Tho PC Leader
- PC Deputy Chairman Received Australian Deputy Ambassador to Vietnam
- Vietnam, New Zealand Establish Strategic Partnership
- PC Chairman Receiving Swiss Ambassador to Viet Nam
- Messages of Party Genaral Secretary and State President Nguyen Phu Trong
- Can Tho City: Celebrating 70 Years of Viet Nam – Russia Diplomatic Relations
- PM figures out measures to boost connectivity between RoK, ASEAN
PEOPLE'S COMMITTEE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
OF CAN THO CITY Independence - Freedom - Happiness
No. 47/2009/QĐ-UBND Can Tho, September 1, 2009
On regulating the functions, missions, powers,
and organizational structure of the Department of Foreign Affairs
PEOPLE'S COMMITTEE OF CAN THO CITY
Based on Law of organizing People's Council and People's Committee on November 26, 2003;
Based on Decree no. 13/2008/NĐ-CP on February 4, 2008 of the Government which regulates the organization of specialized agencies of central cities' and provinces' People's Committees.
Based on Joint Circular no. 02/2009/TTLT-BNG-BNV on May 27, 2009 of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Home Affairs which directs the functions, missions, powers, and organizational structure of the Foreign Affairs Department of provincial People's Committee;
At the request of the Directors of Foreign Affairs Department and Home Affairs Department,
Article 1. Position and function
The Department of Foreign Affairs is a specialized agency of the city People's Committee, which helps the city People's Committee perform the state management function of foreign affairs and the Department's public services under the state management. It performs other missions and powers according to the decentralization and authorization the city People's Committee and law.
The Department of Foreign Affairs has legal status, separate seal and account; is under the city People's Committee's direction and management of organization, tenure, and work; simultaneously, under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' direction, examination, and inspection of professional tasks.
Article 2. Mission and power
1. Submit to the city People's Committee:
a) The drafts of foreign affairs' decisions, directions, and other documents issued under the authority of the city People's Committee;
b) The drafts of long-term plan, 5-year plan, and yearly plan, programs, schemes, and projects of foreign affairs; measures to perform state administration reformation in the field of foreign affairs under the management of the Department;
c) The document draft regulating the title standards for the Chief and Deputy of the Department's units.
2. Submit to the President of the city People's Committee:
a) The drafts of decisions and directions of foreign affairs issued under the authority of the President of People's Committee;
b) The decision draft of establishment, incorporation, and integration of the Department's units prescribed by law.
3. Direct, examine, and carry out legal documents, plans, programs, schemes, projects, and other issues related to foreign affairs after they are approved; inform, propagandize, spread, and educate about the fields under the Department's management.
4. Manage delegations' arrivals and departures:
a) Assist the city People's Committee in managing home delegations traveling abroad and welcoming foreign delegations traveling to Vietnam to visit and work in the city, prescribed by law and the decentralization of the city People's Committee;
b) Arranging the welcome of international delegations visiting and working with the city People's Committee; be mainly responsible and coordinate with relevant agencies to hold business delegations abroad of the city People's Committee's leaders; list delegations traveling abroad of the staffs and civil servants under the management of the city People's Committee.
5. Regarding consular affairs:
a) Admit files, examine, manage and suggest the granting, renewal, amendment, and supplement of diplomatic passports and official passports, prescribed by law.
b) Coordinating with relevant departments and agencies to carry out the immigration and emigration of the Vietnamese and foreigners in the city; follow and list the immigration status of Vietnamese and foreign citizens in the city; coordinate with relevant agencies to handle sensitive and complicated issues arising in the local consular affairs.
c) Direct and manage the foreign individuals' and organizations' activities related to relatives, properties, traveling, working, living, studying, and investing in the city, prescribed by law and relevant regulations of the city.
6. Regarding external information:
a) Coordinate with the Department of Information and Communication and relevant agencies to deploy the propaganda programs and plans of the city external information which is approved by the city People's Committee.
b) Provide information on the city to serve the external propaganda of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the authorities.
c) Hold the collection, analysis, and synthesis of information on politics - security situation, international and regional economy to serve the local socio-economic development.
d) Manage the foreign reporters conducting press activities in the city; build the agenda and hold the welcome and interview of the city People's Committee, provide oriented information, follow and manage the activities of foreign reporters, prescribed by law.
7. Regarding non-governmental organizations and foreign individuals:
a) Coordinate with relevant agencies to promote and manage the activities under the aid of humanitarian and development programs or projects and emergency aid of foreign NGOs for the city, prescribed by law;
b) Facilitate the administrative procedures of deploying humanitarian programs and emergency aids with which foreign NGOs provide the city.
8. Regarding external economy:
a) Assist the city People's Committee in deploying programs of external activities for the local socio-economic development after the authorized agency approves.
b) Coordinate with relevant agencies and Vietnamese representative agencies abroad to select and verify foreign partners to carry on business, joint-venture, economic link, and investment in the city according to the assignment of the city People's Committee;
c) Participate in the promotion of economy, trade, investment, and tourism as well as the building of business and investment environment suitable to the city socio-economic development strategies; assist the city enterprises in expanding the cooperation with other countries.
9. Regarding external culture:
a) Hold local programs and activities of external culture after the city People's Committee approves;
b) Coordinate with relevant agencies to hold external culture events in the city and to build and promote the images abroad of the city people and culture.
10. Regarding Vietnamese people abroad:
a) Deploy programs, plans, and policies for the foreign Vietnamese in the city according to the instructions of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
b) Coordinate with the city Vietnam Fatherland Front, relevant departments and agencies to inform and propagandize the policies of the Party and State to the Vietnamese abroad; mobilize, instruct, and assist the Vietnamese abroad and their relatives in the city in local activities.
c) Periodically summarize, evaluate, and propose recommendations to solve issues related to the Vietnamese abroad and their relatives in the city.
11. Hold conferences, workshops, signing, and implementation of international agreements; carry out international treaties in the city:
a) Manage the activities of holding conferences, workshops, signing, and implementation of international agreements and carry out international treaties, prescribed by law;
b) Report and seek guidance of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the city People's Committee and authorities to solve arising complicated problems related to external politics in the city.
12. Deploy the administrative reformation program of the Department based on the targets and contents of the administrative reformation program of the city People's Committee.
13. Hold research and application of technological and scientific improvement; build database, information and storage system to serve state management and the profession of foreign affairs.
14. Examine, inspect, and handle violations, receive complaints and accusations; practice anti-corruption, saving, anti-wasting in the field of foreign affairs according to law or the assignment and authorization of the city People's Committee.
15. Implement periodical and extraordinary synthesis, statistics, communication, and report on the completion state of assigned foreign affairs missions in the city, prescribed by the city People's Committee and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
16. Regulate the functions, missions, powers and partnerships of the Department's units; manage the personnel and the wages, remuneration, appointment, dismissal, reward, and punishment of staffs and civil servants under the management of the Department, prescribed by law and the decentralization of the city People's Committee.
17. Manage the assign properties and finance and employ the allocated budget, prescribed by law and the decentralization of the city People's Committee.
18. Implement other missions according by law and the assignment of the People's Committee.
Article 3. Organizational structure and personnel
1. Leaders of the Department:
a) The Department of Foreign Affairs has one Director and no more than three Deputy Directors.
b) Director is the head of the Department and responsible before the city People's Committee, the President of the city People's Committee, and law about all of the Department's operations.
c) Deputy Director is the hand of the Director and responsible before the Director and law about the assigned tasks; when the Director is absent, one Deputy Director will be authorized by the Director to run the Department's operations.
The Department of Foreign Affairs implements the maneuver, transfer, reward, punishment, dismissal, retirement, and other policies of the Director and Deputy Director by law.
2. Organizational structure:
c) Specialized divisions;
- Division of International Relations
- Division of Protocol - Press;
- Division of Consular - Overseas Vietnamese.
d) The President of the city People's Committee decides the establishment of the Department of Foreign Affairs' divisions by law.
a) The city People's Committee decides the administrative tenure of the Department of Foreign Affairs in the overall city administrative tenure assigned by the Central;
b) The tenures of the Department of Foreign Affairs' divisions (if any) are decided by the city People's Committee by tenure norms and law.
Based on the amount of work and specific features of field management, the Director of the Foreign Affairs Department coordinates with the Director of the Home Affairs Department to determine the administrative tenure of the Department of Foreign Affairs to submit to the city People's Committee for final decision.
c) The arrangement of staffs, officials, and civil servants of the Department of Foreign Affairs and its divisions must be based on the State demand, title, standard, and structure of civil servant standards by current law.
d) Based on the functions and missions approved, the Director of the Department of Foreign Affairs issues the Department's Working regulations suitable to the Working regulations of the city People's Committee and current regulations.
Article 4. This Decision is effective after 10 days and published on Can Tho Newspaper no later than 5 days after being signed; simultaneously, it replaces the city People's Committee's Decision no. 21/2006/QĐ-UB on April 26, 2006 on regulating the functions, missions, powers, and organizational structure of the Department of Foreign Affairs.
Article 5. The Bureau Chief of the city People's Committee, the Department's Director, chief officers of other city departments, and the Presidents of district People's Committees are responsible to execute this Decision./.
- Ministry of Home Affairs; Government Office;
- Ministry of Justice (Bureau of Legal Normative Documents Post-Review)'
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- Party government; People's Assembly;
- President and Vice President of the city People's Committee;
- Relevant departments;
- Government website;
- Can Tho Newspaper;
- Public press center;
- Saved: VT.D20
ON BEHALF OF THE PEOPLE'S COMMITTEE
Tran Thanh Man